About Maverick Blogger

Indian. Marathi. Male. B.Tech Engineering Graduate. Applications Developer at Oracle, India. Loves Cricket and Gaming. Technology Buff. Reading is more than a hobby. Spending time with family and friends is always a priority. Ever ready to have a laugh. That's me... Suyash Joshi

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 03, 2008

B.Tech. today... Engineer for Life !!

Hello everyone, as you can see from the title, its finally done. Yes, I don't know how it will change the world around you, but this day, will remain forever in my memories as one of the great days which you share with your grand children while sipping hot coffee in a comfy rock chair! Of course, there have been other such magical moments earlier too, when I felt really proud (Click here), and there will be others as well (Click here, in future), but this will forever be one of the greatest ever.

Anyways, to come to the point straight away, let me first create the exact scenario. It was roughly 12:25 PM on 1st May, 2008 and the sound boomed loud and clear in my ears, "5 minutes remaining (and enter your roll no and tie your supplements, as if I ever use one !!)." It was then, that I gave up. I turned around carefully, to see my colleague scribbling something forcibly in his answer book and when I finally got "the moment" to speak to him, "Hey, please tell me the answer for the 4th and the 5th... and the... ahem... 6th fill-in-the-blank fast dude!!". The dude looked petty disturbed at this sudden late interjection of mine, which kind of obstructed the smooth flow with which he was drawing a diagram. After he kindly objected to my demand, thanking him dutifully, I later found out that I had not attempted one small question, which was placed as if it was some "conditions apply" type thing they have in the ads. As I frantically began to pen it down, the clock struck 12:30 PM (IST), and the examiner snatched my answer sheet from my desperate attempts to finish that one last answer !! After cursing him soundly along with my bad luck, I finally knew this, ultimately, was the end. After all, as Neo says, everything which has a beginning (16th August, 2004) has an end (1st May, 2008). And this was the way my stint as an Engineer in Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (also sweetly referred as VNIT, in the local circles) was put to a grinding halt.

Soon, as the dust settled (i.e. when the examiners left the hall) all of us fellow warriors leapt out with a jubilant cry of victory. Yes... this was the class of '08 , which just had just finished with Metallurgical and Materials Engineering on an all time high... !! Some of the people hugged each other with delight, while others gave a thundering Hi-five; some of them laughed like monsters and some even had tears of nostalgia. Most of us had felt greatly relieved as the exam had ended while simultaneously knowing the fact that we are going to see very little of each other after this day. Truly, this bunch of 40 people, coming from different parts of the country, had become really one big ensemble of awesome friends and legendary memories shared in VNIT, which was going to be missed big time hereon. As everyone gushed with each other about how happy everyone was, there indeed was a feeling of void, as to how life will shape out for each of us ahead. With mixed feelings of joy and sadness, everyone spent this day like none other.

How I spent the rest of the day? In the aftermath of this event, we later went to a really expensive restaurant that day (out of sheer compulsion, since it was a local holiday that day) and ate to our hearts fill. Then most of us slept in the afternoon (to complete the sleep deprivation caused due to the night out yesterday, instead of the earlier thought of plan of watching the latest movie) and in the evening it was time to celebrate the euphoria again along with other batch mates!! The feeling that my family too was proud of me for the completion of B.Tech. gave me tremendous happiness which I will cherish forever. After all, this won't have been possible without their constant support, motivation and encouragement !!

It's indeed been my privilege to be graduating from such a prestigious institute, due to which, most of us have achieved what we have so far. Some of us have bagged great jobs; some have humbled the exams like GATE and CAT and GRE (the list is countless...) to continue with further education; while some have plans to become entrepreneurs !! Talent overflows like a tsunami here and I am grateful that I got to rub my shoulders with it. As someone said, "God Created the World. Engineers Created the Rest." And all of us, intend to add value to this statement, by contributing, in every possible measure by the application of the knowledge earned here. After all, in spite of the type of career or life style one chooses, once an Engineer, always an Engineer !! I'll be looking forward to joining my work place 2 months later in Hyderabad, but till then, I will ensure that these days, which shall never come back, are spent so that there are no regrets in future. The wheels of fate and destiny are now smoothly placed in motion and the steering wheel is in our hands to choose the freeway of our life to reach the destination. Here's congratulating the class of '08 once again, for achieving brilliantly, what we set out for 4 years ago and wishing all of us the really best in future!!

Adios VNIT !! I will miss you... [:(]

For posting your comments, views and sharing similar experiences, please click Here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

realy splendid thought and true to every VNITIAN's heart dude!! DIL KI BAAT JUBA PAR AANE SE PEHLE HI BAYAN KAR DI!!! Great thought process!! HATS OFF!!! (though i don't wear any!!:))

Unknown said...

well composed blog mate!
It had me wheeling with thoughts fm d past 4 years;d times spent at VNIT would surely keep us in good stead 4 d many more sterner tests we would be facing in the future...

gini said...

that's very well written .. ... i dint know that you could write so well..

Very few people can express their thoughts in words, straight from heart .. great job ...

and keep writing

Stat Counter Hits